Friday, June 5, 2009

Accomplishments

I just opened the mail from yesterday that my hubby set aside and what did I see? My ten year High School Class Reunion invitation! Wow…it will be ten years in June 22nd! TEN YEARS!! I knew it was coming up but the reality of it just slapped me in the face when I opened it up. I have been thinking a lot lately about my accomplishments since high school and it really depends on what you consider success. I think that I personally need to reevaluate what I consider success. I know that most of my family and friends wouldn’t consider what I have done to be anything near what they wanted for me. I know that they want what’s best for me and that they are all well intentioned but it hurts to feel like a failure to so many. So I decided that I would list my accomplishments as I see them! My successes, of which I am proud of even if not what I or anyone else had planned for me.

I got my Associate’s degree.
I got married
I have had three beautiful and healthy children
I have renewed my faith in the Lord
I have stayed married for 4 ½ years (may not sound like much but I don’t think there were too many people that thought we would make it this long)

I guess that doesn’t sound like much, and I can honestly say that I hope that the next ten years will lend more accomplishments, but I am still proud of where I am and what I am doing. I am raising the next generation and trying to teach them values and manners and things that are few and far between in a lot of kids these days. I want them to be successful in their own endeavors but I also want them to realize that they are free to choose what those endeavors are. That they need to be good people and that anything they choose to be is in their grasp. I pray daily that if I can only accomplish one thing, that raising them the right way is it! That I do Him proud! I hope that everyone can see their own accomplishments and be proud of themselves no matter where they are in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment