Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Big Girl

As I write this my daughter has been in her big girl bed for over 30 minutes and seems okay with it. For those of you that don't know we bought her the toddler bed a few weeks before Kaitlyn was born hoping to have her transitioned to that bed before Kaitlyn arrived. The first time we tired it she seemed so happy. We had bought her this beautiful toddler bed set with flowers and butterflies on it and she climbed in bed like all was right with the world. The second I started to walk away she started screaming like a banshee and had a fit. So I put her back in her crib and there she has stayed since that night. I ask her almost every night if she wants to try her big girl bed and the answer has always been a big NO. Well tonight I thought to actually try it again. She climbed in, got under the covers. I said good night to her the same way that I do when she is in her crib and I walked away shutting the door behind me as always. Not a peep! I am ecstatic. I have no idea what she is doing if anything, but I am praying that it lasts and I can take the crib out to put in Rileys room as he won't be bothered by any middle of the night crying the way Cassidy would be.

It has now been an hour...Kaitlyn interrupted my typing to eat, and still no problems from the little girl upstairs. I plan on trying to sneak in later to get a few pics!

Oh and I so forgot to post this but Friday, June 5Th, Kaitlyn laughed for the first time. Hasn't dome it since despite my efforts, but it was just so sweet.

She is now trying to figure out why I am sitting in the dark, typing without my constant companion the tv on in the background.

1 comment: