Sunday, November 18, 2007

Alone time!?!?!

Periodically throughout the day all I can think of is having some alone time, but when I get it at the end of the day all I can do is think about when the kids get up. Most nights if I know Toby is working I call me mom and ask her to come over because I don't want to be alone, even though with two kids you never really are. My mom asked me today if I was afraid to be alone and I thought that was a silly question till I realized that I had shared her company almost every night for two weeks. To me however I have a lot of alone time. All day most days without a lot of "adult" conversation. Riley is trying to say more and more everyday, but there is still a lot of things that he says that I just can't understand and saying "no, don't do that" amd "yes, you can have that" all day just doesn't cut it. Sometimes I don't even want to talk I just want someone else there. Oh well, I am sure that when the kids are older I will be relishing the days when I didn't have to worry about them talking.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone wants and needs alone time once in a while. There is nothing wrong with your mom being there! Just to have a companion. Someone else to back you up. The past few weeks you've been through some rough times and it helps to have someone comforting and familiar there with you. Understandable...100%

    ReplyDelete